Monday, September 16, 2013

July 1st 2013

All Employees Please Attend,
     Well, there is no way this is your every day meeting. THI has been purchased by Thoratec and some of you will be retained, some will be offered positions by Thoratec and some will be laid off. Damn, I planned on retiring from this company at one time. Good thing I had a back-up plan! 2 weeks later I found out I am laid off. This has never happened to me before. Emotionally, I am upset because after 13 years of coming in to the same company every day, year after year, you begin to get quite comfortable. Intellectually, I knew this was the sign it was time to move on to the next stage in my life. When one door closes another door opens. Besides, they offered me a severance package to hold me over until I can start to make an income selling Real Estate. I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment